This is to bring to the notice of the public that the University of Newcastle Aspen Foundation Indigenous Health Scholarship is to sustain Indigenous students in completing a degree in Nursing or Social Work.
The Aspen Foundation is dedicated to supporting the mission of life-changing healthcare through extensively reducing or eradicating key illnesses and diseases in secluded Australian communities and to make available education for the sustainability of improved health practices.
The University of Newcastle stands as an international leader renowned by a dedication to fairness and superiority and to creating a better future for its regions through a focus on innovation and impact.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: March 06, 2019
- Degree level: Scholarship is open to those who seek to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
- Field of Study: Scholarship is offered to study Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship provides a benefit of $5,000 each year for up to 3 years of study in your program, with an overall value of $15,000. This will be paid to be paid as two lump sums of $2,500 after semester one and semester two census dates in each year.
- Nationalities: The Scholarship is open to Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students.
- Number of Scholarship:
- Scholarship will be taken in Australia.
Countries Eligible: The Scholarship is open to Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students.
To be able to apply for the program, applicants must;
- Be enrolled in 1st or 2nd year of a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Social Work undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
• Be enrolled full-time.
• Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
• Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognized as such by your community.
• Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: The mode of applying for this scholarship is online.
NB: If proper documentation is not provided, your application will not be processed. Please also note to have all necessary documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
• A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) representing/outlining your academic accomplishments to date, career aspirations in the significant area of study/research and how this scholarship would be of assistance to you.
• A written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member.
• Documents for establishing Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status with UON.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information