University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand, How to apply for the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand. Application portal for University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand.
This is to inform all interested candidates that the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand application portal is now open for overseas students of high caliber to enroll in undergraduate and postgraduate studies of one year or more at the University of Auckland.
Below is the step by step guide on how to apply for the Scholarship and if you run into any issues while trying then use the comment section to notify us as soon as possible so we can help you out in the process.
Before that, this is short info about the institution, As the largest and highest-ranked university in New Zealand, the University of Auckland was founded in 1883. The motto of the university is ‘Ingenio et Labour’ which can be translated from Latin as “natural ability and hard work”.
- University or Organization: University of Auckland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and postgraduate study
- Award: Up to $10,000 towards compulsory tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to 50
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Applications will be accepted form all International students who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate study in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be a new full-fee paying international student
- Candidates must be undertaking a PGDip or Masters (taught) of 120 points or more or an undergraduate degree with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications
- Undergraduate students from the University of Auckland Foundation Providers (ACG and Taylors College) and New Zealand secondary-school leavers are not eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
- For the purpose of this Scholarship, academic merit is assessed as an Admissions Grade Point Average or Grade Point Equivalent (GPE).
- Students must be enrolled as ‘on Campus’ registrations. Students enrolling as distance education students will not be eligible to apply
How to Apply For The Scholarship
- How to Apply: Start your journey to the university with an application for admission and take entry at undergraduate or master level program. After getting an offer to study in Auckland, you will be eligible for the International Student Excellence award program.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit Birth Certificate, or Relevant pages of your passport, or Citizenship Certificate, Evidence of prior study, Evidence of English language proficiency, and Additional documents as Supplementary forms, interviews, portfolios or auditions.
- Admission Requirements: Before starting your application, applicants must meet the entire entry requirement
- Language Requirement: To gain admission to the University of Auckland as an international applicant, you must meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Benefits: Each year, the university offers up to 50 scholarships of the value up to $10,000 each for postgraduate and undergraduate study.
Application Deadline: Applications will usually open around six weeks before the closing date.
The applications will open from 10 October to 21 November (Semester One intake) and 9 March to 20 April (Semester Two intake).