This is to bring to the notice of the public that applications are invited for BHF Cardiovascular Biomedicine 4-year PhD Studentships for the September 2019 intake at The UCL organization of Cardiovascular Science.
The UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science is a global-leading research establishment into the leading causes of cardiovascular disease. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death and morbidity in the world. We pursue a multidisciplinary approach to elucidating the causes and treatment of cardiovascular disease and preparing the next generation of cardiovascular researchers is a high precedence for us.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing date for Applications: December 12, 2018.
- Degree level: Studentships are open to those who seek to pursue PhD programs.
- Field of Study: The program is themed around 4 key cardiovascular research strengths at UCL:
- Fundamental Biology and Discovery Science
- Therapeutic and Diagnostic Innovation
- Populations Science and Experimental Medicine
- Data Science and Health Informatics
- Scholarship Award: This program is funded by the British Heart Foundation. Studentships cover tuition fees (UK/EU rate set by UCL), a take-home pay (estimated £22,278 in year 1), a consumable grant and a travel fund.
Tuition fees are covered at the home UK/EU rate set by UCL (£5,502 for 2019/20). Non UK/EU applicants must show proof of their capability to cover the diversity between home fees (£5,502 for 2019/20) and overseas fees (£24,717 for 2019/20) for the duration of study, and will also need to satisfy UKBA visa requirements.
- Nationalities: UK/EU and Non UK/EU students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarship: Four studentships.
- Scholarship will be taken in the UK.
Applicants entry requirement: a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject (or overseas equivalent), or a recognized taught Master’s degree.
Requirements for English Language
Applicants whom first language is not English are usually required to offer proof of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Procedures for Application
Significant documentation needed for application:
- Application Form (download here)
- Reference Form (download here)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Degree Transcripts (scanned copies of originals)
Please complete the application form and submit this with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a copy of any degree transcripts by the deadline of 5 pm Wednesday 12 December 2018.
You should apply for an independent reference from two academic referees. Send a reference form to them, to complete and submitted by 5 pm Wednesday 12 December 2018.
Please send all significant documentation via email to bhf4yr-at-ucl.ac.uk
Use ‘UCL BHF 4-year PhD application: [YOUR NAME]’ in the subject field.
Should you be unable to submit your application documents electronically, please send them to the postal address noted in the application form.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information bhf4yr-at-ucl.ac.uk