This is to bring to the notice of the public that the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is happy to publicize up to 70 Bord Bia International Scholarships for recent and experienced graduates from all disciplines/roles. Scholarships are open for International students.
The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is the graduate business school of University College Dublin and is located in Blackrock in Dublin, the Republic of Ireland, on the site of the former Carysfort College, a teacher training college. The Financial Times ranked the MSc in global Management 15th in the world in 2017. The Economist Intelligence Unit ranked the full-time MBA program 63rd in the world in 2014.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing Date for Application: Mar 4, 2019
- Degree level: Scholarships are open to those who seek to pursue a M.Sc. as well as Postgraduate diploma programs.
- Field of Study: Scholarships are given to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award:
- Overseas industry placement with worldwide companies while gaining an internationally recognized qualification from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
- Full training fees paid
- Tax-free bursary paid (up to €30,000 per 12 months)
- Exceptional career prospects
- Intensive specialized & career development
- The world’s best food industry educators from business schools including Harvard, IMD, NYU Stern and UCD Smurfit School.
- Some of our client/host companies & employers: Kerry, Glanbia, Teeling Whiskey, Five Guys, Nestle, Danone, Ornua, Starbucks, Keoghs, among a host of other leading global food companies
- Some locations include New York, Dubai, Shanghai, Milan, Stockholm, Sydney, London, Paris, Dublin and Singapore.
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: 70 International Scholarship Opportunities available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland.
- A 3rd level qualification, minimum of 2.1.
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience for respective MSc programs and no professional experience is required for the Postgraduate Diploma.
- Dedicated to a career in the Irish food, drink and agribusiness industry.
- Even though glibness in certain foreign languages is required for particular markets this is not an absolute requirement as there are also English speaking locations. Fluency is required for markets such as French/German/Dutch/Spanish/Italian/Russian/Polish/Japanese/Korean or Chinese.
- English speaking locations include UK/USA/U.A.E./Australia/Holland/Sweden. Note: locations are subject to confirmation.
- Outstanding communication and report writing skills
- Experience with M/S Excel, PowerPoint, Word and PM
Procedures for Application
Applications will only be acknowledged using the official application form. You must complete the application form in one go, it is not possible to start the form, save it and return to it.
You will also need to upload a copy of your CV with your completed application form. We would appreciate if the document name for your CV was in the format “First-name Surname CV”.
Please include names and contact details for two Referees in your CV (one must know you in a professional capacity). Please note that Referees will only be contacted with your permission.
As part of the personal details required, we ask for your nationality (to determine visa requirements), gender (to ensure a balance on the program) and date of birth (to be used as a unique identifier where two candidates with the same name apply to the program).
It is a requirement that the participants are willing/able to live in a foreign country and travel in-market at short notice and sometimes where public transport may be limited.
In order to be considered for the scholarships, you must;
Complete the online Scholarship Application Form. All required fields must be completed. Click here to complete the Scholarship Application Form.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information