This is to bring to the notice of the public that the new 2019/20“Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program” of Tianjin University School of Education is now available for citizens of countries along the Belt and Road.
This scholarship scheme is provided to China’s high-level universities for recruiting the exceptional young students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue degrees in China.
The Tianjin University School of International Education was founded in January 2000; it is one of the secondary schools of Tianjin University. The school of International Educational takes conscription, teaching administration, and social administration and services functions of global students at Tianjin University for its most important task, and also undertakes the Chinese language teaching for global students.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing date for Applications: November 20, 2018, to March 10, 2019 (winter vacation is from February 2 to February 24, 2019, application submitted during this period will be reviewed afterwards.
- Degree level: Scholarships are available to those who seek to pursue Bachelor, Master and PhD programs.
- Field of Study:
- For Bachelor Programs taught in Chinese;
- For Master Programs taught in Chinese;
- For Master Programs taught in English;
- For PhD Programs.
- Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
- Monthly Living Allowance:
- 2,500 RMB/month for Bachelor students;
- 3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
- 3,500 RMB/month for PhD students;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
Nationalities: Applicants must be a citizen of countries along the Belt and Road.
- Scholarship will be taken in China.
- Applicants must be a citizen of countries along the Belt and Road, and be in good health;
- Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
The applicant applying for a Bachelor degree should hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 25;
The applicant applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35;
The applicant applying for a PhD degree should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
Requirements for English Language:
Applicants who want to join in the programs taught in English must submit the certificate of TOEFL (Score 80 or above), or IELTS (Score 6.0 or above) (Not required for native English speakers); Applicants who don’t have one should submit an English Level Certificate or a self-introduction video which should be recorded in English for 3-5 minutes in duration.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following application materials (in duplicate):
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship Program(one original & one copy)
Please complete the online application procedures at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship in Chinese or English, and print hard copies with photos of you.
Please note that: The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056;
Choose Program Category Type B.
- Original Notarized certificate of the Highest Diploma
If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should provide the pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English? one original & one copy?;
- Original Notarized certificate of the Academic Transcripts:
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English? One original & one copy;
- A Study or Research Plan (For Master & PhD Applicants)
All applicants must submit a study or research plan for the study in China, with no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.;
- Two Recommendation Letters(For Master & PhD Applicants) (please click1 or 2)
An applicant applying for a Master degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in Chinese or English;
Applicant applying for a PhD degree needs to provide two recommendation letters by professors in Chinese or English.
- Photocopy of Passport;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(please click)
Applicant should fill the form in English and submit the copy (the original copy should be kept by the applicant).
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Deficient records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to complete the physical examination as the examination reports have 6-month validity;
- The form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor
Applicant should contact the TJU professors to finish the acceptance form;
Not necessary to provide. If you cannot get an acceptance on your own, admission office of TJU will deliver application materials to the college to find a supervisor for you.
- Language Proficiency Certificate
The applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese ought to submit HSK certificate. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed. The applicant who has not met the conditions of Chinese proficiency level should take Chinese language courses for one year (fees covered by Chinese Government Scholarship), and start major studies when achieving the required HSK certificate;
The applicant applying for programs taught in English needs to submit evidence of expertise in English certificate (TOFEL, IELTS, or English Instruction Certificate). TOFEL: no less than 550, New TOFEL: no less than 75, IELTS: no less than 6.0;
- Self-introduction Video
Applicant needs to present a 5-minute self-introduction video in Chinese or English (recorded in a USB);
- An applicant for art studies is expected to present two sketches of the applicant’s own works.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information