The University of Tokyo Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship in Japan, 2020, How to apply for The University of Tokyo Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship in Japan, 2020. The University of Tokyo Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship in Japan, 2020 Application.
This is to inform all interested candidates that the University of Tokyo Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship in Japan, 2020 application form is now up for grabs. Below are full details and guide on how to apply.
Below is the step by step guide on how to apply for the scholarship and if you run into any issues while trying then use the comment section to notify us as soon as possible so we can help you out in the process.
Now, this is short info about the institution, Established in 1877, the University of Tokyo is a public research university. It is the first imperial university and also recognized as one of Japan’s most prestigious universities.
- University or Organization: The University of Tokyo
- Department: School of Science
- Course Level: Master’s and Doctoral
- Award: Yet to be determined
- Access Mode: Email
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Tokyo
- Application Deadline: The applications will start on October 1, 2019, till October 31, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Available for pursuing a masters or doctoral degree program within the departments of Physics, Astronomy, Earth & Planetary Science, Chemistry, Biological Sciences at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Candidates must be born on or after April 2, 1985.
- You must apply for the field of study that they studied at their previous university or a related field.
- You must be physically and mentally healthy enough to pursue their studies.
- Must meet certain criteria set by MEXT with outstanding academic achievement.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- How to Apply: The interested applicants are suggested to start their application process for a masters or doctoral degree program at the university and. After that, they submit their application form with some additional documents to the following contact details-
Room 278, 2nd floor, School of Science Building 1, Hongo Campus
7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-Ku, Tokyo 113-0033 JAPAN
- Supporting Documents: Your application form must contain a study and research plan, letter of recommendation from ‘dean or above’, passport-type photo, an application form for your choice of program, official transcripts, language ability proof, an official statement of graduation, and a copy of the student’s passport.
- Admission Requirements: Successful participants must have university grade points* of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above in their two most recent years of study and be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the program.
- Language Requirement: The participants need to demonstrate the English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
Benefits Of The Scholarship
The award will provide a monthly stipend (144,000 yen/month (for a student of a Master’s Program), or 145,000 yen/month (for a student of a Doctoral Program) (an additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen may be added to those students undertaking study or research in some designated regions of the country), and also travel cost to Japan from Japan.