The University of Queensland and Ecotourism Australia International PhD scholarships, Application portal for The University of Queensland and Ecotourism Australia International PhD scholarships. How to apply for The University of Queensland and Ecotourism Australia International PhD scholarships.
This is to inform all interested candidates that the The University of Queensland and Ecotourism Australia International PhD scholarships application portal is now open for both international and domestic students to undertake research in Australia. The aim of the PhD program is to foster the development of independent research skills.
Below is the step by step guide on how to apply for the Scholarship and if you run into any issues while trying then use the comment section to notify us as soon as possible so we can help you out in the process.
Before that, this is short info about the institution, The University of Queensland was established in 1909 by the state parliament and offers free research commercialization workshops to research candidates. It is a destination of choice for a growing community of internationally renowned scholars, scientists and research experts.
Application Deadline: October 9, 2019
- University or Organization: the University of Queensland and Ecotourism Australia
- Department: Graduate School
- Course Level: 3-4 years PhD (full time)
- Award: Stipend and tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International or domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, New Zealand citizens and International students or domestic student
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The completed degree must be in an area that is relevant to the intended PhD, including sufficient specialisation such that the applicant will have already developed an understanding and appreciation of a body of knowledge relevant to the intended PhD.
- The applicant’s degree and/or professional experience must demonstrate that the applicant’s knowledge of the discipline in which they plan to undertake their PhD is current.
How to Apply For The Scholarship
Applicants can apply at any time for admission to research higher degree programs. Students are required to produce a thesis of no more than 80,000 words, with the research representing a significant new contribution to the discipline.
Admission Requirements: To meet the Graduate School admissions requirements for a PhD, applicants must provide evidence of the following:
- Academic transcript
- A bachelor’s degree with at least honors class IIA or equivalent from approved universities, which includes a relevant research component
- A research master’s degree
- A copy of your Passport
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honors IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis; or
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Applicants with overseas qualifications should refer to the GPA equivalency table
- Language Requirement: English language proficiency requirements apply
Candidates must upload all documents as PDF files and use the naming convention – LAST-NAME_firstname_document-name.
The university will offer a living stipend of $27,596 per annum for this PhD award program. The program also includes tuition fees and, for successful international applicants, Overseas Student Health Cover.
Each winning applicants will work on one of the projects below:
- Project 1: Social licence
- Project 2: Overtourism
- Project 3: Sustainable places
- Project 4: Low carbon future