This is to bring to the notice of the public that the new Surrey International Scholarship for Psychology 2019 entry available only to overseas fee payers.
The University of Surrey is an international community of ideas and people, devoted to life-changing education and research. With a stunning and vibrant campus, we provide outstanding teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower our students for personal and professional success.
Description of Scholarship
Closing date for Applications: Still Open for applications.
Degree level: Scholarships are available to those who seek to study full-time M.Sc. programs.
Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded within the Department of Psychology at the University of Surrey.
Scholarship Award: To be eligible for application, applicants must hold an offer to study a full-time M.Sc. course offered within the Department of Psychology at the University of Surrey, where we may award £5,000 for offer holders achieving a UK first-class honors (or international equivalent) and £2,500 for those achieving a UK 2:1 with honors (or international equivalent).
Nationalities: Scholarships are open for overseas students (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees).
Scholarship will be taken in the UK.
To be qualified for this scholarship you must achieve either a 2:1 or a first-class honors degree or equivalent and be an overseas fee-paying student.
You must be self-funded, paying for your studies independently rather than being sponsored or in reception of another scholarship.
You must apply for your chosen course within the permitted time frame and confirm your wish to study by paying the required deposit in advance of the deadline.
You must be an offer holder for a full-time program in one of the below courses starting in the 2019/20 academic year:
- Developmental Psychology in Research and Practice M.Sc.
- Environmental Psychology M.Sc.
- Health Psychology M.Sc.
- Psychology (Conversion) M.Sc.
- Research Methods in Psychology M.Sc.
- Social Psychology M.Sc.
Requirements for English Language: The following qualifications are accepted by the University
as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-seasonal English Language program immediately preceding the main degree program
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: There is no formal application procedure for this scholarship. The University will identify any potential candidates.