Global Initiative/TU Delft offers four Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence every year. The Scholarships are made available for those who seek to pursue a postgraduate degree program at the Delft University of Technology.
The Global Initiative supports capacity building in the Global South and to help advance future leadership focused on sustainable global development. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft.
We expect that the students will act as our ambassadors during their studies and after graduation from the program.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: Dec 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to those who seek to pursue a postgraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The Scholarships are given to study any subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Value: The scholarship is valued at €25.000 per annum for Sub-Saharan students, which also includes:
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft M.Sc program based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND also contribution for the living expenses.
- Membership of Scholarship club giving access to self-development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- An M.Sc thesis topic which co-relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Becoming an ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Number of Scholarships: Four scholarships are available.
Nationality: The scholarship is available for following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Scholarship will be taken in Netherland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Countries Eligible: The scholarship is available for citizens of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Applicants are expected to have the following criterion listed below:
- Outstanding international applicants should be (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc program.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 per cent or higher of the scale maximum in the bachelor’s degree from a credited University.
- The University must support and validate your application as it is to be considered by the scholarship panel.
NB: If there are questions about your eligibility or you are having difficulties applying for the scholarship; please contact the university’s international team by emailing
Requirements for English Language
One of the following valid certificates:
- A TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test) with a total band score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section.
- An IELTS (academic version) with a total band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- For Cambridge Assessment English, only the following are valid/accepted:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with a total score of 176 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with a total score of 180 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply
Procedures for application are given below, Note to following this steps concisely when applying so as to be considered for admission. All documents must be uploaded and your complete application form must be submitted as well.
- Apply for one M.Sc program only. Incomplete applications and applications submitted via mail will not be accepted, resulting in automatic disqualification.
- Are expected to pay the sum of €120 as application fee. This is will be refunded if and only if only the students start their MSc studies in Delft.
- Applicants that were admitted last year and would like to re-apply, you MUST create a new application.
For EU/EFTA nationals
- The English language certificate can be uploaded on the 1 July, provided that all other required documents are uploaded before the 1 April deadline.
- Applicants will receive an admission decision within 12 weeks following the submission of your completed application.
For Non-EU/EFTA nationals
- Applicants will receive an admission decision within 12 weeks following the submission of your complete application.
- Applicants that applied for an MSc program in Architecture Urbanism and Building Sciences, and Aerospace Engineering will receive an admission decision at the end of February.
- For all other programs, an admission capacity applies. Applicants that meet our admission requirements will be considered when the admission capacity is met.
- Presently, no program has met their maximum capacity for Non-EU/EFTA nationals.
Click to view Application form
For more information, visit the Scholarship Link