This is to bring to the notice of the public that the Stellenbosch University is offering scholarships to students with a high level of need as well as excellent academic performance. The scholarship is also available to postgraduate students enrolled at the Stellenbosch University.
The College is amongst South Africa’s foremost tertiary institutions based on research productivity, student pass rates and rated scientists, and is recognized worldwide as an academic institution of excellence.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: October 16, 2018
- Course Level: The scholarships are available to pursue the postgraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available to study the entire subject offered by the university.
- Scholarship Value: The scholarship is worth up R32400.
- Number of Scholarships: Two (2).
- Nationality: The scholarships are open to students who are citizens of any African country excluding South Africans.
- Scholarship will be taken in South Africa.
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to students who are citizen of any African country excluding South Africans.
To be able to apply for the program, applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Available to students who are citizens of any African country excluding South Africans.
- Any field of postgraduate study.
- Full-time study.
- Leadership participation within the African communities on SU Campuses in the following fields in the last two years: sport, cultural, academics, religion.
- In order to act in accordance with the requirements, candidate needs to
- Outline 3 exceptional achievements in at least 2 of the subsequent categories, i.e. contribution in SU student leadership structures, sport, participation in cultural activities/community participation or
- Leadership roles in belief communities or roles inside their academic department (e.g. tutor, research assistant).
- Academic cut-off of 60% in the final year or any previously completed degree.
- Two reference letters verifying the criteria must go with the application. One an educational reference and the other verifying participation in Campus activities.
- A Curriculum Vita should also come with the application.
- Although not a requisite for the award, the panel will give inclination to applicants who, in addition to the predetermined conditions, show signs of financial need. Applicant should make available a financial plan indicating income and expenses for their 2019 academic year.
- Applicant must not be older than 35 years on the 1st of January 2019.
Requirements for English Language: Applicants whom English is not their first language are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: Two reference letters and a Curriculum Vita should go with the attached application form with Addendum A-one an academic reference and one verifying involvement.
Click to view the Application form
For more information, visit the Scholarship Link