This is to bring to the notice of the public that entry into the 2019 Master’s and Doctoral Scholarships at the South African University is on-going. Qualified candidates can now apply for the program. Applications are hereby invited into the field of Biostatistics at a South African University.
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) was established in 1969 with a directive to improve the health of the country’s residents, through research, improvement and technological transfer, so that people can enjoy a better quality of life. The compass of the organization’s research projects includes tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular and non-communicable diseases, gender and health, and alcohol and any other drug related abuse. With a tactical aim to help strengthen the health systems of the nation – in line with that of the Department of Health, the SAMRC regularly identifies the foremost causes of death in South Africa.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: Oct 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are obtainable for Master’s and Doctoral degree program in the field of Biostatistics at a South African University.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Biostatistics at a South African University.
- Scholarship Award: worth of scholarships
(At least: reliant on exchange value and expenditure of travel variations)
Master’s: R140 000.00 plus R20 000.00 = R160 000.00 pa
PhD: R180 000.00 plus R20 000.00 = R200 000.00
- Scholarship provisions
- Tuition costs
- A monthly take-home pay to cover housing and everyday expenditure.
- Textbooks and study materials
- Attendance at significant conferences (Flights, lodging, conference registration fees).
- Nationality: Scholarships are open for South African citizens only.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
- Scholarship will be taken in South Africa
Countries Eligible: Scholarships are open for South African citizens only.
To be able to apply for the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident and should also be under 40 years of age, undertaking a Master’s or PhD program in Statistics / Biostatistics at a South African university.
- Master Scholarships: Students should possess at least an Honors’ degree in Mathematical Statistics, Applied Statistics or Mathematics.
- Doctoral Scholarships: Students should possess at least a Master’s degree in Mathematical Statistics, Applied Statistics, Biostatistics or Mathematics.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should complete the form and attach the appropriate credentials and then forward it to Michelle Mashigo at Michelle.Mashigo-at-mrc.ac.za.
Click here to view the Application form
For more information, visit the Scholarship Link