This is to bring to the notice of the public that The Queen Mary University of London is pleased to offer PhD studentship in Intelligent Robotic Manipulation commencing in January 2019. This studentship is open to EU candidates only.
The goal of the PhD project is to utilize techniques of artificial intelligence, human-robot interaction and force/tactile sensing to accomplish human-like performance in the robotic manipulation of objects, using state-of-the-art robotic platforms (robot arm and hand) and interacting with other researchers in an energetic and multidisciplinary research environment.
The Queen Mary University of London is a public research university in London, England, and an essential college of the federal University of London. It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing date of Applications: Nov 15, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is open to those who seek to pursue a PhD program.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Intelligent Robotic Manipulation. Applications are welcome for a full PhD Studentship starting in January 2019 to commence research in the area of Intelligent Robotic Manipulation, in the context of the EPSRC UK project “MAN^3: HUMAN-inspired robotic MANIPULATION for superior MANUFACTING”.
- Scholarship Award: It is funded by Queen Mary University of London for 3 years and will cover student fees and a tax-free take-home pay starting at £16,777 per annum.
- Nationality: This studentship is open to EU candidates only.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
- Scholarship will be taken in the UK
Countries Eligible: This studentship is open to EU candidates only.\
To be able to apply for the program, Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants ought to have a first-class honors’ degree or equivalent, or an excellent M.Sc. Degree, in electrical or mechanical engineering, computer science, or a field directly related to robotics.
- Strong inspiration to endeavor for superiority is essential.
- Very superior programming skills (C/C++, Python) are also required, perhaps including prior experience with ROS.
- Applicants with sophisticated knowledge of robotics, control, machine learning, artificial intelligence, tactile sensing and/or previous research experience in these fields, are chiefly encouraged to apply.
Requirements for English Language: The candidate should have a very excellent command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply
To apply, please follow the online process by selecting ‘Electronic Engineering’ in the ‘A-Z list of research opportunities’ and following the instructions on the right-hand side of the web page.
For more information, visit the Scholarship Link