This is to bring to the notice of the public that the new SISSA Mathematical Fellowships is now available on offer for all new international students to study in Italy.
SISSA Mathematical Fellowships aim to support a prestigious postdoctoral Fellowships for International research program co-funded by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) to enlist and support the most gifted young researchers with a promising CV who display to be autonomous in research.
SISSA, the International School for Advanced Studies, was established in 1978 and is a scientific center of excellence within the national and international academic scene. Located in Italy, in the city of Trieste, it features 71 professors, about 115 post-docs, 281 PhD students and 102 technical administrative staff. Situated on the picturesque Karst upland, the School is bordered by a 25 acre park, and offers a stunning view of the Gulf of Trieste. The three main research areas of SISSA are Physics, Neuroscience and Mathematics
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: January 8, 2019.
- Degree level: Fellowships are open to those who seek to pursue Postdoctoral programs.
- Field of Study: The SISSA Mathematical Fellowships is a 3-year post-doctoral position for promising early stage researchers in Mathematics
- Scholarship Award: The annual gross amount of the research fellowship is € 36.636,00. The post-doc will also be granted research finances to be used in parallel for research activities (€ 9.000,00 total for the three-year period).
- Nationalities: Fellowships are obtainable for international students.
- Number of Scholarship: Two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship will be taken in Italy
Qualified Applicants must be in possession of a scientific-professional CV which enables them to carry out research activity and meet the further necessities specified in the announcement.
Personnel with permanent positions in Italian universities, public research and experimentation institutions, ENEA, ASI or institutions which award scientific degrees equivalent to PhD, in accordance with art. 74, par. 4 of DPR 382 dated 11.07.80, are excluded from applying.
In accordance with Act 18 of law 240/10 Applicants having a family relationship or other degree of kinship up to the 4th degree with the following persons are also excluded from applying:
– SISSA Professors belonging to the Area that requested the position;
– Director of SISSA;
– Secretary General of SISSA;
– Member of the Board of Directors of SISSA (please see Annex A).
The research fellowship is awarded through a private law contract which does not give any right to be employed by universities.
Applicants whom English is not their first language mandatory to provide proof of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University
Procedures for Application
All fields in the online application form must be filled out. Under penalty of exclusion, the application must contain:
- a research project structured as follows:
- 10 line abstract specifying the scientific sector of interest concerning Mathematics Area: Mathematical analysis, Numerical analysis, Mathematical physics, Geometry or other;
- 2 page-elaborated project text (bibliography excluded)
- Bibliography 2) the complete list of publications. This list must be prepared in accordance with international formats and must specify all the authors.
3) The curriculum vitae with the complete list of the scientific and professional activities;
4) Valid ID of the candidate to be uploaded in electronic format.
5) 2 reference letters that have to be sent by the referees, through the online application procedure only, and not later than the term of submission of the application
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information