Entry into the New Zealand Future Scholarship for middle and high school students from Korea to study at a New Zealand school for a minimum of ten weeks are now available.
ENZ is a New Zealand’s government agency for building international education. We promote New Zealand as a perfect study destination and also support the delivery of education services offshore. We administer scholarships to support New Zealanders studying overseas particularly in Asia and Latin America.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: Nov 2, 2018
- Course Level: The New Zealand Future Scholarship is for middle and high school students from Korea to study at a New Zealand school for a minimum of ten weeks.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are given to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Value: The scholarship is valued at a maximum of $15,000 NZD. NB: The Scholarship is to be used towards your New Zealand High School fees, school-related costs, and, if funds permit, also used towards living expenses and domestic flights within New Zealand.
- Nationality: This program is for South Korean students.
- Number of Scholarships: There are two New Zealand Future scholarships available for middle or high school students.
- Scholarship will be taken in New Zealand
Countries Eligible: This program is open to South Korean Students.
To apply, applicants must
- Be in a Korean middle school or high school, and
- Be a legit citizen of the Republic of Korea, and
- Be between the ages of 13 and 17 at the time of application, and
- Be able to take up the New Zealand Future Scholarship for a minimum of one school term (10 weeks), commencing no later than October 2019
Requirements for English Language: Applicants whom English is not their first language are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply
The following criterion are needed:
- Proof that you are a Korean national should be provided, e.g. screenshot of passport
- Provide the URL to a short video (max two minutes) that includes the following content
- images and audio that introduce yourself,
- the skill you want to learn or improve in New Zealand and also
- Why you think you should be awarded this scholarship
- demonstrating your efforts to collect information on New Zealand secondary schools via Education New Zealand (ENZ) Fair 2018 or other channels, e.g. meeting with an agent, Study in NZ website or My Study NZ.
- Provide the name and contact details of your parent(s)/guardian(s) or caregiver(s). We will contact them on your behalf to take part in the scholarship program if your application is successful.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information