This to bring to the notice of the public that the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, is offering 2019-20 Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships. These scholarships are available to students from Africa, South East Asia, and South America who are accepted onto the 2019-20 M.Sc Global Mental Health program.
The aim of the study is to offer knowledge and skills to the students to start, develop and monitor mental health programs and/or policies in fewer resource settings, as well as to carry out research and perform critical evaluations on global mental health.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is distinguished for its research, postgraduate studies and continuing education in public and global health. Their mission is to improve health and health equity in the UK and worldwide; working in partnership to achieve excellence in public and worldwide health research, education and translation of knowledge into policy and practice.
Description of Scholarship
Closing date for Applications: March 24, 2019
Degree Level: The scholarships are available to pursue a master degree program.
Available Subject: the scholarship will be awarded in the field of Sc Global Mental Health program.
Scholarship Benefits: Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate, and a take-home pay (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00, and an allowance of GBP 500.00 for M.Sc project expenses.
Number of Scholarships: Four available
Nationalities: Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Africa: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa
- South East Asia: Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- South America: Nicaragua, Peru
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Language Requirementsif shortlisted for this funding.
- Applicants who have been short-listed for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further.
Procedures for Application
The mode of application is online. Each applicant should submit only one application for the Johnson & Johnson Global Mental Health Scholarships for 2019-20.
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://scholarship.lshtm.ac.uk/#/get-started
How to Apply: To apply for these funding applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for study for the M.Sc Global Mental Health program through the King’s College Londononline application portal.
- Step 2:Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship, and
- Proof of your application submission, or Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2019-20 M.Sc Global Mental Health program, and
- English Proficiency score results (if you have these already).
Note: That incomplete application will not be conside