This is to bring to the notice of the public that the International Research Training Group 1816 funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) is currently accepting applications for the global 3-year doctoral program beginning on April 1st, 2019. This program is open to students of all nationality.
Under the common umbrella “University Medical Center Göttingen” of the Georg-August University, the Medical Faculty of the University and the University Hospital are combine. The main plan of this integrative design is to anchor the close collaboration of the Medical Faculty and the University Hospital in patient care, teaching and research.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: Dec 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to those that seek to pursue a PhD program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded cooperation between educating natural scientists and physicians/medical students in the field of “Heart failure”. Click on the Project 2019 and name your three desired projects in your application form.
- Scholarship Award: The Training Group offers an outstanding research setting, an inclusive curriculum and a wide supervision and mentoring network. Students will carry out part of their projects in one of the partnering laboratories in London.
- Nationality: The Scholarships are open to students of all nationality.
- Number of Scholarships: 12 PhD positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Countries Eligible: These Scholarships are available to students of all nationality.
To be able to apply for the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- M.Sc. in basic sciences or equivalent or Graduation (Dr. med.) from Medical school
- evidence of English expertise as English is the graduate school`s official language (e.g. TOEFL or similar test, not for indigenous language speakers).
- The PhD positions will be paid according to the regulations of the civil service collective wage agreement (TV?L 65% of level E13).
Requirements for English Language evidence of English expertise as English is the graduate school`s official language (e.g. TOEFL or similar test, not for indigenous language speakers).
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: Electronic applications including
- Application form
- Certificates (B.Sc. & M.Sc.) in English or German
- evidence of English expertise (not older than 2 years)
- 2 Reference letters (directly sent to igk1816-at-med.uni-goettingen.de
by the referees)
NB: All the above listed items should be sent as one single PDF file to igk1816-at-med.uni-goettingen.de on or before Dec 15th 2018.
Click to view the Application Form
For more information, visit the Scholarship Link