This is to bring to the notice of the public that the Durham University is inviting applications for Weldon-le Huray Scholarships. To help strengthen the dedication to providing the best possible access to this environment, Durham University is pleased to launch the Weldon – le Huray Scholarships program.
The program provides opportunities for home students from lower-income households to Represent Durham at the highest levels of University sport, as well as being able to commence leadership development opportunities; or Pursue academic excellence and career enhancement opportunities within the Departments belonging to Durham’s prestigious Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing date for Applications: January 15, 2019.
- Degree level: Scholarships are available to those who seek to pursue Undergraduate Degree program.
- Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study in Sports, Arts and Humanities.
- Scholarship Award: £4,000 per academic year to help support tuition fees, living costs, all other costs of study and career/leadership development opportunities.
- Nationalities: The scholarship is to for UK nationals only.
- Number of Scholarship: 3 in Sports, 3 in Arts and Humanities.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK.
Household Income-Have a household income below £42,875 (2018/19 rates) based on an assessment carried out by Student Finance England
• Level of Study-Undergraduate
• Mode of study-Full time
• Year of Entry-Applicants for entry in 2019/20
• Weldon – le Huray Sports Scholarship – all undergraduate degree program
• Weldon – le Huray Arts and Humanities Scholarship – undergraduate degree program delivered by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: Prospective applicants must:
- Stage 1: submit an academic application to Durham University, by 15th January 2019, via UCAS
• Stage 2: submit an online scholarship application form by 15th January 2019 including the following:
- Personal Statement of no more than 1,000 words elucidating why you should be awarded a Weldon – le Huray Scholarship for Sport
• An independent reference of no more than 1,000 words from a proper adult e.g. a teacher at your school or a coach, illuminating why you are appropriate to be awarded a Weldon – le Huray Scholarship for Sport. The reference should outline indicators of outstanding sporting achievement or potential e.g. involvement in relevant regional/national squads, or any other relevant indicators of outstanding accomplishment.
Arts and Humanities Scholarship:
- Personal Statement of no more than 1,000 words elucidating why you should be awarded a Weldon – le Huray Scholarship for the Arts and Humanities
• An academic reference of no more than 1,000 words from an appropriate member of sixth-form staff, explaining why you are a fit candidate to be awarded a Weldon – le Huray Scholarship for the Arts and Humanities. The reference should outline significant indicators of outstanding academic attainment or potential e.g. marks received for relevant work or exams completed up to the point of application/academic prizes and awards/involvement in important successful projects/other relevant indicators of outstanding academic achievement.
Click here to view the Online Application
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information