The Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD scholars is a program under the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
This organization is responsible for providing the stock exchange system of the British government, developed by international development goals.
The Commonwealth Scholarships Committee does not run beyond the Commonwealth Scholarship and demonstrates the UK’s rigid commitment to Commonwealth.
In the implementation of this duty, a rigorous process is introduced to ensure fairness and inclusion, broad access and merit, especially for disadvantaged people.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
The Commonwealth Professional Fellowship is a subsidiary of the Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships for Nigerians who are professionals.
Nigerians under this scheme must spend between six weeks and three months in an organization in the United Kingdom working in the sector of a professional development program.
To be eligible:
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Holds the citizenship of a Commonwealth country.
- Stay permanently in a Commonwealth country.
- Have at least five years of experience, either full-time or part-time work in a profession related to the fellowship.
- Currently working at the time of registration and a promise to return at the end of the trade show.
- Never been a beneficiary of the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship for the past five years.
- Do not look for an academic research or study program in the UK, because there is a different schedule for it.
- Be available to participate in the fellowship that lasts for a month between February 10, 2020, and March 10, 2020.
The selection criteria will largely depend on:
The extent to which the fellowship guarantees the delegation of relevant skills to the needs of the country of the Fellow.
The extent to which the skills will lead to practical benefits for the home country after the scholarship.
The extent to which the stock market will have a floating effect, either in the home country concerned or when entering into new relationships with the UK
Value of Commonwealth Professional Fellowship
The fellowship will provide:
- Flight tickets from the fellow’s home country to the UK.
- Living allowance payable monthly during the fair.
- Arrival fee including reimbursement of visa application costs and clothing.
- Depending on the indicated duration, the number will be paid to the host organization.
- A flat-rate contribution that provides the necessary material for the fellow to participate in necessary meetings.
The deadline for registration is Friday, September 20th, 2019.
How to apply
There are five phases to submitting your application for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship. These phases include;
- The potential host organization must first apply to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission via the online application portal.
- Your application will be assessed by a selected group of panel members who will send the results to the relevant organizations.
- As a successful applicant, you are invited to request a program from a specific host organization using the online application form.
- The names of two to five fellows are submitted by each host organization.
- The committee will independently make its selection on individuals for this scholarship.
The official link for submitting your application for this fellowship program is shown below.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships
These are PhD scholarships for the least developed countries that still fall under our focus of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships for Nigerians.
These scholarships are for full-time doctoral research at selected universities in the UK
To be eligible:
To apply for this scholarship, you must;
- Have a permanent residence in one of the eligible Commonwealth countries.
- Be ready to start your study in the UK by September 2020.
- Holds a diploma of at least second class higher or second class lower honour with a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Have the support of a potential supervisor in a UK university that is mentioned in your application form.
- No registration started for a PhD program in your own country and before September 2020.
- Not being able to study in the UK without this scholarship.
- Delivered all important documents in the required format.
All applications for the Commonwealth PhD scholarships are measured according to the following criteria;
Quality and plan to study
The academic strength of the candidate
Possible effect on the development of the candidate’s country of origin.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships Worth
The scholarship will deliver:
- Airline tickets from home country to the UK and return at the end of the award excluding trips made before confirming the award.
- Tuition fees
- The subsistence allowance is paid monthly. With the reimbursement for warm clothing
- Study travel grant for the costs of study-related travel.
- Costs of fieldwork provided
- Covered costs of a medium-term visit to your home country, unless claimed.
- Family allowances depend on who you accompany on the journey.
The deadline for submitting the Commonwealth PhD Fair is October 30, 2019.
How to apply:
Application for this scholarship is made through one of the following nomination institutions;
- National appointment offices
- Selected university bodies
- Selected non-governmental organizations and charities
Click on the link below for more information about the use of the aforementioned application systems.
Safes scholarship wishes you all the best.