This is to bring to the notice of the public that the U.S. Embassy in Sofia, Bulgaria is now accepting applications for the 2019 Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellows Summer Institute for young Americans and Europeans. Fellowship is open for Bulgarian citizens only.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: January 15, 2019
- Course Level: The fellowship is a four (4) weeks long summer program.
- Study Subject The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship is a concentrated short-term exchange program, formed to cultivate relationships amid young Europeans and Americans to construct strong linkages and understanding of shared ethics.
- Scholarship Value: All expenditure of the participants will be taken care of.
- Nationality: Fellowship is open for Bulgarian citizens only.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
- Scholarship will be taken in the USA
Countries Eligible: Fellowship is available for Bulgarian citizens only.
Applicants for this Fellowship will must:
- Be Bulgarian citizens.
- be born between June 22, 2000, and June 22, 2003 that is applicants must be 16, 17, or 18 years of age at the time of the program commences);
- Be highly adept in English, as established in a personal interview or the results of a standardized test;
- Be dedicated to enrolling in high school or college in their home country in the of Fall 2019, following completion of the Institute;
- Express strong leadership prospective and interest in transatlantic affairs and diplomacy;
- Show a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- Exhibit a high level of academic accomplishment;
- Exhibit a dedication to community and extramural activities;
- Have had diminutive or no previous U.S. study or travel experience in the United States;
- Be mature, accountable, self-sufficient, self-assured, unbiased, liberal, considerate and intrusive;
- Be keen and able to fully partake in an demanding summer program, community service, and energetic educational travel program;
- Be at ease with campus life, shared living accommodations, travel and communication with a transnational, co-ed group of participants from across Europe and the United States;
- Be at ease with engaging a variety of Americans in the broader community; and
- Be able to amend to cultural and social practices diverse from those of their home countries.
Language Requirements for English Be highly adept in English, as established in a personal interview or the results of a standardized test.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: In order to apply, please forward the completed Application Form and the article by January 15, 2019 via e-mail to: SofiaEducationPrograms-at-state.gov.
For more information, visit the Scholarship Link