There is good news for all Africans that have been dreaming of studying in Australia through Australia scholarships.
Are you a 3rd-grade graduate who thinks you will not get a scholarship to further your studies?
Do not be discouraged because we invite you to hurry and apply as the 1000 Australia grants scholarships for African students with 3rd class 2019-2020 is now open.
There are two categories of Australia scholarships:
Australian Rewards scholarships to pursue higher studies in Australia’s Masters level and Australia Awards for Short Courses, to follow short-term vocational training, in Australia and/or Africa, in a range of development-oriented sectors.
Sub-Saharan Africa stability, security and prosperity are of national importance to Australia. Many African economies thrive and offer Australia more and more opportunities for trade and investment related to profit development. Sub-Saharan Africa is a diverse region with different contexts and development challenges. Significant obstacles to economic growth across the continent, including skills shortages, poor business environment and good governance, slow development of key infrastructure, food insecurity and low agricultural productivity, humanitarian crises, gender and other inequalities.
This shortage of skilled workers is particularly pronounced on a professional level.
In the public sector, these skills shortages hamper the ability of governments to provide services, sustain sustainable growth, and face development challenges. Achieving sustainable economic growth and competitiveness requires more qualified and applied industrial research. Australia’s development assistance has been carefully designed to maximize its impact. Can make a difference by segmenting sectors where Australian experience and knowledge create visible added value, deepen engagement and maintain flexibility and responsiveness in selected areas of expertise. The Australian Awards are presented to a select number of priority countries based on the geographical and sectoral nature of Australian involvement in Africa. Australia sees the future of Africa as optimistic. The first mission to South Africa was opened in 1946. Upon their return to the workplace, Australia rewards alumni are expected to actively contribute to the development of their own.
Australia Scholarship target area: The scholarship is intended for African students who want to follow master’s programs and short courses at an Australian university.
Specialization: Offer to study at Australian universities varies in the following subject areas.
Priority areas (varies by African country)
Agriculture / food
Health Public order (including public sector management
public sector reform
international diplomacy/middle management Natural Resource Management.
How much is the Australia Awards scholarship worth to African students?
These options have the value that includes a complete exemption from tuition, accommodation and other paid costs. There are more than 1000 scholarships available in Australia. Below are some scholarships Rights for scholars:
- The total cost of tuition for a maximum of two years.
- An economy class flight to and from Australia.
Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance costs are not reimbursed.
- An annual allowance of AUD30,000 to cover living expenses in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical expenses
- A one-time settlement fee of AUD5,000 to pay help with the costs of starting life in
- Australia and starting the course (for example Course books and materials, rental guarantees, household items, etc.) Scholars whose families stay in their home country may be entitled to a reunion flight with which they can travel home halfway through the course.
- This is only possible for scientists whose course lasts two years or longer.
Short Course Awards Rights include the following
- The full cost of the tuition for the duration of the course.
- Travel mobilization from the country of origin to the delivery location (s) of the course and return to the country of origin.
- Note: excess baggage and travel insurance costs are not reimbursed
- Visa dieters
- A modest day accommodation
- Medical insurance for the duration of the short course to be taken in (country).
- Through this Australian Scholarship, both students in Africa to participate without actually coming to Australia to write the exams. All scholarships are given at African or Australian universities.
Eligible countries for the Australian Scholarship Awards 2020
Australia Awards Scholarships for African students is one of the most trusted options from Australia to the African continent. If your country is on the list, Congratulations.
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Republic of)
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Ivory Coast
- North Sudan
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
This is just the first part of this series, visit us tomorrow to get the concluding part of this post. Meanwhile, start preparing for the official opening of the scholarship on the first of October.
Safe Scholarship wishes you all the best.