CSIRO brings to the notice of the public, entry into the top-up scholarships for synthetic biology future science platform for postgraduate 2019. The program is available qualified candidates who have either gained or are expected to gain first class honors or an equivalent in very relevant research areas.
Top-up Scholarships are available for PhD students who have either gained or expect to gain a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or equivalent scholarship.
The Scholarship Program provides opportunities in science and engineering for outstanding graduates enrolling every year at an Australian tertiary institution as full-time postgraduates for research leading to the PhD award.
CSIRO’s Future Science Platforms (FSPs) are investments in science that supports innovation and that has the capacity to help re-invent and model new industries for Australia. FSPs will also see us grow the capability of a new generation of researchers and also help attract the best students and experts to work with us on future science projects in Australia. They are a multi-year, multi-disciplinary investment in our collective future, bringing CSIRO and our partners together to work on big ideas.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: December 3, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for Postgraduate program.
- Study Subject: There are five (5) research areas available for postgraduate students in CSIRO Synthetic Biology Future Science (FSP) Platform. Scholarships are also being offered in 5 priority research areas within the SynBio FSP.
- Scholarship Value: The Top-up scholarship is valued at $7,000 per annum, with an added operating budget of $10,000 per annum.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship will be taken in Australia
Countries Eligible: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
To be eligible for application, applicants must have or expects to gain:
- First class honors or equivalent in a relevant research area;
- Entry into an Australian University as a PhD student;
- A Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or university equivalent; and
- A university supervisor who is willing and able to supervise you
- A CSIRO supervisor who is willing to supervise you
NB: If an applicant has already commenced their PhD studies, they must be less than 12 months into their PhD program at 1 January 2019. International applicants must have the appropriate immigration support to enable them to take part in the scholarship.
Requirements for English Language: Applicants whom English is not their first language are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply
Applicants are strongly advised to read the rules for this scholarship prior to application, and particularly any specific eligibility conditions. And visit the Scholarship Link for information.