Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarships 2021
Scholarship Type: Masters
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust offers the Ferguson Scholarships for African national at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London UK. Three Ferguson scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS.
Host Institution/Country/Host: University of London
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Full-time MA African Studies, and Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- Eligible Criteria: Applicants should:
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Hold an offer of admissionto pursue one of the eligible programs by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Applicants must meet the English language conditionof their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2021. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Number of Scholarship: Three (3)
Value of Scholarship: Each Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship covers tuition fees in full and provides a maintenance grant; the total value of the scholarship is £30,555.
Duration of Scholarship: For one year
How to Apply: please follow the steps outlined below:
- STEP 1: Apply for your program
You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission. Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time Masters program at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship: on or before 15:00 (UK local time) on 30 April 2021.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021