This is to bring to the notice of the public that ICTP seeks applications for postdoctoral positions starting from the fall of 2019 from exceptional young scientists of any nationality with a strong research record.
For more than 50 years, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) has been a motivating force behind global efforts to advance scientific proficiency in the developing world.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing Date for Application: January 15, 2019
- Degree level: Fellowships are open to those who seek to pursue Postdoctoral programs.
- Field of Study: Fellowships are open to study the following research topics:
- Physics of Nanostructures
- Equilibrium and Non-equilibrium Many-body Quantum Systems
- Atomistic, Molecular, and Electronic Structure Simulations
- Materials for Renewable Energy Applications
- Scholarship Award: ICTP offers globally competitive reward and a number of benefits. Appointments will be made for two years, with the likelihood of renewal for a further year.
- Nationalities: Fellowships are open to students of all nationalities.
- Scholarship will be taken in Developing Countries
Fellows ought to have completed a PhD in physics or related disciplines proceeding to the start of their Fellowship. Inclination will be given to applicants in the areas of proficiency of the CMSP group; Applicants who have obtained their PhD after 2014 will be also be given priority.
NB: Adequate proficiency in English language is required.
Procedures for Application
Candidates should apply via the ICTP online application system
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information