This is to bring to the notice of the public that the new A STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) Scholarship is now available on offer to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines. This scholarship is open to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific breakthrough and technological innovation. We take part in fostering and developing talent and leaders for our Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: See below
- Degree level: Scholarships are open to those who seek to pursue PhD program.
- Field of Study: Computing and Information Science (CIS) disciplines.
- Scholarship Award:The ACIS Scholarship provides a competitive take-home pay of up to S$5,000 monthly, on top of other allowances, and full tuition fees support for up to four years of PhD studies at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU).
Successful applicants will also be given the following support for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate^
Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
- Nationalities: This scholarship is open to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
- Scholarship will be taken in Singapore.
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD program in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honors degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia.
Applicants for thematic program who are applying for or have gained admission to schools/departments other than the 4 specified CIS schools may be considered for the ACIS Scholarship if their PhD project is in CIS, on a case-by-case basis.
- Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning (I2R)
- Big Data Analytics (I2R)
- Complex Systems (SIMTech)
- Industrial Internet of Things (I2R)
- Video & Image Analytics (I2R)
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: To apply for the ACIS, please click here.
The application cycle is aligned to the university admission intakes in August or January each year, as follows.
|Admission Intake||Last day for submission of online application with complete set of supporting documents|
|August||31 December of the preceding year|
|January||31 July of the preceding year|
Click here to view the Online Application
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information