Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship 2021
Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship 2021. The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Comany (SNEPCo) announces its first Postgraduate Scholarship program for Nigerians.
The objective of the scheme is to offer an opportunity for eligible students from any state in the country to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with a specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
SNEPCo, in partnership with three universities, namely the University of Birmingham, Newcastle University, and University of Plymouth, will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc, studies for the academic year commencing September 2021.
Level/ Fields of Study:
The following courses qualify for an award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum EngineeringMSc Petroleum GeoscienceMSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering|
|University of Abeerdeen||MSc GeophysicsMSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & GasMSc Advanced Chemical EngineeringMSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration GeophysicsMSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
The host for the Shell Niger Delta postgraduate scholarships for Nigerians is the Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo) in the UK.
This Scholarship is available for Nigerians students.
The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
To qualify for the Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students, applicants must:
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement
- Gain admission to study on one of the eligible courses at the college has applied through the normal application process
- Already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- Have completed their National Youth Service by September 2021
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- Have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed countries.
- Be between the ages of 21-28 years by 30/09/2021.
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed program of study.
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2021
How to Apply:
To apply for the Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students to study in the UK, aspirants must adhere to the following:
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of Imperial College London, the University of Leeds, and the University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2021.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
15 April, 2021