Turkey has opened the doors of its universities for international students from all around the world with “Türkiye Scholarships”. Apart from providing educational opportunities at an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Turkey offers scholarships to study in the most prominent universities in Turkey.
It is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to exceptional students to pursue either full-time or short-term program scholarship with vast opportunities and education in the most prestigious Turkish universities to aid you gain new perspectives, and abilities making you one step ahead of others in your career pursuit.
The aim of the program is to build a network of future leaders devoted to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
Programs open for application are: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral levels. Other programs such as Research Scholarships, Success Scholarships, and KATP have different application periods and are announced regularly on the website and social media channels.
Description of Scholarship
Closing date for Applications: 20 February 2019.
Field of Study: The scholarships are available in all subjects at all levels. The scholarship program offers programs at the 50 top and most prestigious universities in Turkey, and provides a compulsory one-year Turkish Language Course which ensures that all students acclimatize and adapt to the social and cultural environment they live in.
Scholarship Award: Turkey offering multiple fully-funded scholarships for the full-time or short-term program at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degrees. Türkiye Scholarships also provides assistance in all the necessary services and procedures for an international student to feel at home in Turkey. These include providing a dormitory, health insurance, student bank account, and a student residence permit, as well as a one-year language course.
Nationalities: These scholarships are open for international students.
- Scholarship will be taken in Turkey.
Undergraduate applicants who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarships awardees that do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language taught programs) must attend a 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
Eligible Applicants: Citizens of all countries, Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2019), and Researchers and academicians.
Non- Eligible Applicants: Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish citizenship. Students already registered in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying for.
- Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
Age Bracket Eligibility:
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
Requirements for English Language
Applicants who wish to study in these programs need to have an internationally recognized language certificate to prove their language proficiency (TOEFL and other equivalent certificates). Most of these programs require international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT, SAT etc. Applicants can check the language of instruction while selecting the programs in the application system.
Procedures for Application
As part of 2019 application and evaluation process, in order to smooth the progress of and quicken the later stages of your admission, provided that it is not a requirement, all Applicants planning to apply this year are strongly advised to make their application with a valid passport as their ID document, or at least hold and present a valid passport during the scholarship interviews.
How to Apply:
- A valid National Identification Document or a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for Applicants who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)