This is to bring to the notice of the public that the Asser Institute is inviting applications for scholarships for Artificial Intelligence and International Law Winter Academy. The scholarships are funded by the metropolis of The Hague and cover the registration fees.
The Winter Academy is designed for academics and professionals working on issues related to AI and international law. Participants of the program will get an understanding of the technical dimension of AI (through lectures, workshops, and demonstrations).
The T.M.C. Asser Institute is a foundation (registered on 17 February 1994 with the Chamber of Commerce Haaglanden, The Netherlands, under file number 41158427), founded in 1965 as an inter-university organization for international law in The Hague. The institute is a global well-known centre of proficiency in the fields of public international law, private international law, and European law. It fulfills a vital role in undertaking elementary and independent policy-oriented research and providing a platform for international cooperation and partnering in fields of law at the cutting edge of academia and practice.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications: November 30, 2018.
- Degree level: The Winter Academy is designed for academics and professionals working on issues related to AI and international law.
- Field of Study: The Winter Academy will offer introductory knowledge on key issues at the interface of international law and artificial intelligence, and provide a stage for critical debate and engagement on emerging questions. The program will be structured along five themes: Understanding AI, AI for good, AI and armed conflict, AI and responsibility, and AI governance.
- Scholarship Award: The Hague will cover the registration fees. But do not cover tour costs, housing in The Hague, insurance, or other everyday expenditure.
- Nationalities: Scholarships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarship: Five scholarships are available.
- Scholarship will be taken in the Netherlands.
The Winter Academy is designed for academics and professionals working on issues related to AI and international law. We invite participation from:
- Researchers and advanced students (Master or PhD) in the fields of international law, political science, philosophy, or computer science
- Policy analysts and legal advisers working on innovation and technology in public or private institutions
- Industry professionals interested in the law and governance of AI
Requirements for English Language:
Applicants whom English is not their first language are usually obligated to make available evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: To apply for a scholarship, please fill out the following form via the scholarship application. Applicants will also be asked to submit as one single PDF file a CV and a one-page letter of motivation (including an argument for scholarship eligibility).
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information