This is to bring to the notice of the public that the Japan Association of University Women (JAUW) is inviting applications for International Fellowships to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan
The aim of the fellowship is to allow promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute in Japan.
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW), which was founded in 1946, is a member of the world’s leading institute for women. JAUW shares IFUW’s mission together with its 50+ member associations around the world.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing date for Applications: March 31, 2019
- Degree level: Fellowship is awarded to students to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
- Field of Study: Fellowship is awarded in any field.
- Scholarship Award:
- The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between ¥500, 000 and up to ¥1, 000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
- The period of stay in Japan under this award is for 4 to 6 months between October 2019 and March 2020.
- The program cannot be extended in any event.
- Nationalities: Non-Japanese women are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship will be taken in Japan.
- Applicants must be of non-Japanese women below the age of 45.
- Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
- Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research.
- They need to have contacted and obtained consent from a host at the identified institution/university before application.JAUW won’t extend any help regarding this matter.
Requirements for English Language: Applicants whom English is not their first language are more often than not required to make available proof of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: documents needed:
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data)
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data)
- Letters ( see No.6 of Application Form Part 1) from three different individuals. Each letter should be signed by the writer and enclosed in a sealed and signed envelope.
- A letter of acceptance/confirmation/ invitation (referred to as a letter of Acceptance), written by your host supervisor or collaborator of your study/research in Japan. Please ask him/her to send the original Letter of Acceptance by postal mail directly to JAUW. In addition, be sure to ask him/her to send to you the pdf file of the said Letter of Acceptance, whose printed copy you should include in your application package.
- A medical certificate of health issued by a qualified medical doctor stating in English that you are healthy enough to conduct your study in Japan for the proposed period.
- A photo, 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, of yourself to be put on one of the Application Form Part 1.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information