This is to bring to the notice of the public that the ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences is inviting applications for Student Research Fellowships to exceptional students from top universities globally.
The program aims at an early introduction to cutting edge science and research, as well as at the early support of excellent students to familiarize first-hand the enthusiasm and challenges posed by research projects within the variety of research topics active at ICFO.
ICFO strives to be a source for science, technology and talent and to provide ICFO researchers with distinctive skills to become flourishing and self-determining future leaders, both in the academic and industrial worlds.
Description of Scholarship
- Deadline for Applications:November 25, 2018.
- Degree level: ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences offers the prospect to achieve Final Degree Projects / Masters’ Theses or to get involved in a research stay, fostering the students’ education and research training.
- Field of Study:Fellowships will be offered across all ICFO research groups in the following research topics:
- Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
- Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
- Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics & Atto-Physics
- Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
- Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Nationalities: Fellowships are accessible by students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarship: Limited number of fellowships is available to exceptional students from top Universities globally.
- Scholarship will be taken in Spain
Applicants must be currently enrolled/registered to an undergraduate or master’s program. Suitable areas include, but are not limited to, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
Selection of Fellows is based on merit and potential, measured in terms of academic records and personal achievements. Proactive attitudes, participation in community activities, and capacity for team-work are also taken into account.
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions.
Applicants must have high working knowledge of English.
Procedures for Application
All applications must be submitted exclusively online jobs, our online application interface (http://jobs.icfo.eu). Required application material should be uploaded to the application form and must be complete in order to be considered.
To apply for a fellowship, suitable candidates are requested to submit the following documents (in English):
- A presentation letter indicating the ICFO research group(s) of interest,
- A Curriculum Vitae, including complete contact details,
- A scanned copy of the academic transcripts for the undergraduate and postgraduate (if applies), in English, Spanish, or Catalan,
- The print-out of the equivalence calculation of your academic results/ GPA accomplished via http://www.foreigncredits.com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/
- Name and contact details of one potential referee.
The deadline for submission of the application material, is: November 25, 2018
2nd step: Review process
In a first revision stage, applications will first be reviewed to assure that they meet the eligibility requirements and conditions and candidates will be notified accordingly. Eligible applications will be evaluated by the Selection Committee. Candidates who have the required experience will be invited to pass on to the second revision stage, in which h/she and the evaluating ICFO Group Leader(s) will be discussing the research interests and suitability of the candidate for a potential project, as well as the duration of the stay and other particular conditions. An interview, either in person or by phone, is a fundamental part of the procedure.
In case of a final positive evaluation, the candidate will receive an official fellowship offer from ICFO.
All applicants will be notified of the decision in their case by the end of January 2019, at the latest.
Visit the Scholarship Link for more information