This is to bring to the notice of the public that applications are invited for FITM-AYUSH Fellowships for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Research at Research & Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), New Delhi.
The Ministry of AYUSH has established the Forum on Indian Traditional Medicine (FITM) in RIS as a common platform for all actors and stakeholders to come together to contribute to pragmatic policy making in the area and to develop a proactive strategy to be espoused by India at the international level.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing date for Applications: December 15, 2018.
- Degree level: Scholarships are available for those who seek to pursue Postdoctoral and doctoral research at Research & Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), New Delhi.
- Field of Study: Selected applicants will commence systems research that explores economic, sociological, politico-economic, trade, management, and/or IT/digital technology related aspects of Indian Traditional Medicine Systems with the aim of national and worldwide promotion of these systems.
- Scholarship Award:
- All inclusive maximum amount of up to Rs 5 lakh/- per year for Doctoral Fellowships
- All inclusive maximum amount of up to Rs 7.5 lakh/- per year for Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open to Indian students.
- Scholarship will be taken in India (New Delhi).
The Doctoral and Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are available to scholars with educational backgrounds in any of AYUSH disciplines. Extra qualification in any other field especially IT is sought-after. Exceptional applicants from other disciplines may be considered.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: Online applications
Applicants should submit appropriate filled online application at http://www.fitm.ris.org.in/ fellowship and upload digital copies of required documents where required.
The Proposal is to broadly act in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Title of the project.
- Statement of the Problem: In the opening paragraphs of the research proposal, the problem to be investigated should be stated clearly and briefly. The significance of the topic in the context of the ITMs should be explained.
- Overview of Literature: The overview of literature should summarize the current status of research, including major findings in the proposed area of study. The research Proposal should clearly establish the relevance of the approaches and findings to the objective of Research Fellowship.
- Conceptual Framework: The Proposal should clearly indicate the concepts to be used and demonstrate their relevance for the study. It should further specify the empirical dimension, if any, that need to be explored for carrying out research.
- Research Questions/Hypotheses: Given the conceptual framework and dimensions of the research to be conducted, specific questions to be answered and hypotheses to be tested through the proposed study should be explicitly formulated, compatible with the research design.
- Coverage: In the light of the research proposed, if sampling becomes necessary, full information on the following points should be given: (I) universe of the study, (ii) sampling frame, and (iii) units of observation and sampling size.
- If the study requires any control groups, they should be specifically mentioned. An explanation of the determination of size and type of the sample shall also be necessary. Proposals not requiring a sample selection should specify their strategy appropriately and describe the rationale behind it.
- Methodology: A suitable description of the methods of research for the study may be given.
- Data Collection: The different types of data proposed to be collected should be clearly mentioned. The sources for each type and the tools and techniques that will be used for collecting these data should also be specified.
- Time Budgeting: The Proposal should have a clearly defined time line, specifying the time required for the completion of each stage of research.
- The Proposal is not to exceed a word limit of 3000.