This to bring to the notice of the public that University of Westminster (UW) is proud to provide a Distant Horizons Awards for undergraduate students who want to take part in academic or employability-related events or activities overseas.
UW strives to help students from diverse backgrounds fulfill their prospective. The university supports more than 19,000 students on our undergraduate, postgraduate and professional courses.
Description of Scholarship
Closing date for Applications: February 1, 2019.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for those seeking to pursue an undergraduate level course.
Study Subject: The scholarships are available to any degree program.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship award Up to £1,500. The scholarship benefits covers travel costs, such as international transportation (example flights, trains), accommodation and related participation fees (example conference fees, registration fees).
Nationality: International students are invited to apply.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified.
Scholarship will be taken in the United Kingdom
NB: The travel awards are only open to undergraduate students studying at the University of Westminster.
- The travel must take place internationally and must be completed by 31 August 2019.
- The overseas activity must be at least 5 days long.
- Erasmus+ grant recipients are not eligible for the award.
Procedures for Application
- Make a strong case that the travel will profit you either academically or in your career. Proof of costs must be provided.
- Preference will be given to students who
- Are taking part in a semester or year abroad program, are receiving the Distant Horizons Award for the first time,
- Are not returning to their home country for the overseas activity.
- In order to promote overseas mobility to groups which are statistically less likely to undertake such actions, the University also has a number of ring-fenced funds within Distant Horizons.
- Students initially will self-select to be considered for these funds – evidence of eligibility may be requested at a later date if your application is successful.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must download the application form below and follow the instructions on the form.
- For Distant Horizon awards application form: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/distant-horizons-award-application-form.docx
- For Overseas trip risk assessment form: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/sites/default/public-files/general-documents/overseas-field-trip-risk-assessment-form.docx
Visit the Scholarship Link