This to bring to the notice of the public that Applications are invited for The Cargill Global Scholars Program (CGSP) organized by the by the Institute of International Education on behalf of Cargill. The scholarship is open to undergraduate students from Brazil, China, India, Russia, Indonesia, and the United States.
Global Scholars is a worldwide program intended to promote leadership competence, critical thinking skills and global networks for scholars, global leaders for scholars, decision makers, visionary and socially aware innovators.
International Institute of Education is a 501 organization that focuses on international student exchange and assistance, foreign affairs and international peace and security. It creates programs for study and training for students, teachers, and professionals in different fields.
Description of Scholarship
Closing date for Applications: Still Open
Degree Level: The scholarship is available for those seeking to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
Subject Awarded: The scholarships will be awarded to studying in a field that relates to Cargill’s business goals of providing innovative solutions to meet today’s economic, environmental and societal challenges.
Scholarship Benefits: Each Cargill Global Scholar will:
- Receive a yearly scholarship award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic-related activity.
- Participate in a fully-funded In-Country Seminar (Year 1) and Global Seminar (Year 2).
- Receive mentorship by Cargill employees to help the scholars identify short and long term academic and goals and will aid in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings, and communication by email and phone.
- Participate in a series of experiential learning modules, leadership development training, coupled with network opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars Alumni community.
Nationalities: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second-year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
- In order to be eligible for an award, applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the country in which they apply, be enrolled at a partner university, and be a first or second-year full-time university student. Documentation required will base on the requirements of the countries application.
- Upon acceptance into to the Global Scholars Program, students must:
- Adhere to Cargill Scholars Code of Conduct.
- Attend both the In-Country (Year 1) and Global Seminars (Year 2).
- Participate in the mentorship program by communicating with their assigned Cargill Mentor, Cargill Staff, and IIE Staff.
- Remain enrolled in partner college/university, in addition to maintenance of required GPA requirements.
Procedures for Application
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:
To apply for the 2018-2019 application cycle, select the link below based on your program country of eligibility.