This is to bring to notice of the public that Applications are now available for Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidates for the Cycle 2019/20 academic year. Scholarship award from $ 6,000 to $ 45,000 all depends on the partner foundations and the accumulation to which applicants are suitable for.
Established in 1948 and funded by the French Government and the US Government, the Franco-American Fulbright commission permits its laureates to carry out their projects in the United States or France and to be fully caught up in the dialogue between both parties.
Description of Scholarship
- Applications Closing date: Dec 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are presented to pursue Master and PhD programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in all fields of study.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship awards are from $ 6,000 to $ 45,000 which all depends on the partner foundations and the accumulations to which applicants are suitable for.
- A fixed travel allowance (1200 €)
- Free visa fees and the facilitation of measures for obtaining it
- Orientation session in Paris organized by the Franco-American Fulbright Commission (end of June – beginning of July)
- Health insurance offered by the US State Department (we recommend that applicants provide the cost of a complementary health insurance)
- Support programs, seminars, outings, volunteer opportunities, etc. are awarded on the spot in the United States by our partner agency IIE.
- Nationality: Scholarships are open to French students only.
- Number of Scholarships: 10 to 12 scholarships will be offered.
- Scholarship will be taken at American Universities
Countries Eligible: Scholarships are open to French students only.
To be qualified for the scholarship from our Student Fulbright Program, the Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- To be of French nationality, Applicants are qualified for the Fulbright program through the Bilateral Commission of their home country (find Fulbright programs in your home country on the US State Department website).
- Have validated at least three (3) years of higher education at the date of submission of the application.
- Have a very fine knowledge of English. (As an indication, 92 minimum required for the TOEFL iBT)
- Be admitted to a US university for a Masters or PhD degree program that spans for a period of at least 9 months. (In general, bursary and admission applications are done in parallel: applicants must show in the file the universities to which they are applying and send us letters of admission as and when they are awarded.) Fellowships are awarded subject to definitive admission to the institutions included in the application file.
Applicants who hold dual French and American citizenship are not qualified for the Fulbright scholarships (see “Immigration Regulations Applicable to Fulbright Prize Winners”). They may, on the other hand, be Applicants for grants from the French-American Commission’s partner foundations.
Applicants who before now followed a course of study at an American university are not qualified for the scholarships from the Franco-American Commission. Likewise, Applicants already in the United States cannot apply.
Fulbright and Partner Scholarships are not renewable and can only be functional in the first year of a program of study, even if your program spans several years.
English Language Requirements: If all the universities you apply for do not offer or require TOEFL results, you do not need to submit one to the Commission. In place of the test results in your file, insert in a single PDF documents attesting to this exemption.If you have already taken the TOEFL, IELTS, GRE or GMAT, please indicate the date of the examination and your results. You will need to upload your score reports in the section “TRANSCRIPTS AND ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS”. While if you have already taken the test but have not yet received your results, please indicate the date you took the exam and then forward us your results as soon as they are available.
If you are willing to take one of these tests in the near future, please put the date you plan to do so and then forward us your results as soon as they are available.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply: Mode of application is available online.
Click here to view Online Application
For more information, please visit the Scholarship Link