This to bring to the notice of the public that the Peking University and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis International are inviting applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for the year 2018. Fellowship is open to applicants from all around the globe.
Fellowship is open to applicants from all around the globe who are very qualified early-career researchers. Fellowships are also awarded to carry out research in fields of shared interest at both PKU and IIASA, which consists of but are not restricted to sophisticated methodology, technological, economic, and environmental challenges including pollution and risk analysis, energy, ecology, and ecosystems management, and natural resources including water.
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is a global scientific institute that conducts research into the significant issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change that we faced with in the twenty-first century.
Description of Scholarship
- Closing date of Application: Sept 14, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to those who seek to pursue Postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to carry out research in fields of shared interest at both PKU and IIASA, which consists of but are not restricted to sophisticated methodology, technological, economic, and environmental challenges including pollution and risk analysis, energy, ecology, and ecosystems management, and natural resources including water.
- Scholarship Award: PKU will pay fellows in RMB, even when fellows are working at IIASA. For each fellow, a monthly take-home pay of 15,000 RMB will be provided. While at PKU, a fellow may pay to live in the PKU postdoctoral flat or decide to collect a subsidy of 3,500 RMB per month and to find their own accommodation. While at IIASA, a fellow will be expected to find their own accommodation, but will also get an accommodation subsidy of 3,500 RMB per month (the equivalent in Euro). PKU will be accountable for bearing the costs of insurances for the fellow while they are at PKU. IIASA will be accountable for bearing the costs of the accommodation subsidy and health insurance for the fellow while they are at IIASA.
Costs for transfer travel and the inaugural and later exchange visits of the fellow amid PKU and IIASA are borne by the receiving institution. The host supervisors of the fellow at PKU and IIASA are expected to cover the cost for conducting the mutual research of the fellow and may cover extra travel expenditures.
- Nationality: fellowship is open to applicants from all around the globe.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
- Scholarship will be taken in Austria
Countries Eligible: fellowship is open to applicants from all around the globe.
Fellowship is open to applicants from all around the globe who are very qualified early-career researchers. They must have received their Ph.D. no more than five years earlier than the start of the appointment. Applicants holding tenure or in tenure-track faculty positions are not qualified. Each applicant must recognize at least one faculty member from each institution who agrees to serve as his/her host supervisor.
Selection is based on the academic fineness of the applicant, the superiority of the proposed research project, convincing demonstration of the anticipated synergy of a mutual postdoctoral project, and the dedication of the respective hosts at both institutions. The research proposal should also include detailed information on how the project will profitable to the research environments of both institutions and how the proposal interfaces the fellow’s own research benefit with the research agendas pursued by PKU and IIASA
Requirements for English Language: Applicants must to exhibit good level of written and oral English.
Procedures for Application
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to submit their application document as one PDF file by email concurrently to the coordinators.
- All application documents must be arranged in English and contain all of the following in one PDF document:
- PKU-IIASA International Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Form
- Full CV or Resume
- Two reference letters (if possible include one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor)
- An endorsement letter or e-mail from each of the envisaged postdoctoral supervisors at PKU and IIASA. The letter or e-mail should contain thorough information on the additional value of the research project and a clear statement of dedication regarding the physical and intellectual research environment that the supervisor will provide to the fellow.
For more information, please visit the Scholarship Link